Creative and Critical Thinking
Organisations need people to come up with the good ideas and to make the ideas work. Unfortunately the same person can’t always do both!
This programme introduces a number of ‘idea generating techniques’ and then shows how the ideas can be critiqued. The programme also explores the personal issues that frustrate the implementation of new ideas. Using the maxim ‘the best is the enemy of the good’ participants will be shown how to take ideas and turn them into practical solutions.
On the three day programme participants are requested to bring a work based problem around which new ideas can be developed. For this reason we cannot provide a course outline as the inputs will depend upon the nature of the problem(s) brought to the programme. However, the programme will include most, if not all, of the objectives and course content listed below.
The consultancy can also run shorter programmes concentrating on just Creative Thinking or Critical Thinking.
Course objectives – for delegates to:
- Define adapters and innovators and recognise the benefits each can contribute
- Use thinking strategies and recognise the benefits each can contribute
- Use De Bono’s lateral thinking techniques
- Use Cognitive mind mapping as an ideas generating technique
- Be able to seek ‘benefits’ when resolving ‘problems’
- Experience ‘whole brain’ thinking exercises
- Use a selection of techniques on work related problems
- Experience lateral thinking?
- The Joe Doublebug exercise
- Future Pacing
- Image Streaming
- What is thinking?
- What is critical thinking?
- Cognitive mind mapping
- What is reality?
- Learning and memory techniques
- The paper clip exercise
- The Bike, the Monkey and the Squirrel exercises
- Four letter words
Participants will be given a selection of classical problems to work on before the start of the course.
Courses can be held in client offices, training centre or hotel
A four day course for qualified trainers
Course fees for corporate clients
£250.00 per person per day with a minimum invoice of £2,500.00 per day plus expenses *
*The consultant will be deregistered from VAT from 1st April 2013